The Arrosticino D’Abruzzo
The Arrosticino of sheep meat is the product more typical and known of the gastronomy of our region, that over the years has become established throughout the national territory. The Regional Association of Abruzzo breeders (ARA) has created and deposited the collective mark “Arrosticino of Abruzzo”, and the related specification, suitable tool to identify and differentiate the arrosticino of quality italian sheep meat, producted and packaged in Abruzzo. The regulation of use of the mark an the control plan is entrusted to the third-party certification body D.Q.A. accredited by the ministry for agricultural food and forestry policies. The use of the collective mark is granted, exclusively, to the SPIEDÌ s.r.l.
The guaranted characteristics will be the following:
– restrict the production phase of the “Arrosticino of Abruzzo” inside the regional perimeter, using only sheep meat of regional and national origin;
– guarantee the achievement of high quality parameters due to the characteristics of the used raw material (conformation, fattening and maturing of the accepted sheep carcasses) and the limitations adopted during processing (relationship of fat and lean parts, use of all fine cuts, exclusion of some muscle parts, accurate elimination of tendon residues…);
– guarantee the respect of a high production standard and adhering to the historical tradition in its fundamental aspects;
– the use of sheep meat only, and the absence of different ingredients, respecting tradition;
– the definition of standards regarding weight and dimensions;
– immediate visibility thanks to the marking of the customized logs, with the word arrosticino of Abruzzo and distributed by lot bay ARA Abruzzo.
The productive capacity, the experience and the commercial organization of SPIEDÌ allows the product to be made available to consumers, through modern distribution, in its highest standards. Abruzzo ARA acts as a trasmission belt, between the farmers and the SPIEDÌ company, ensuring the achievment of the objectives described.